Author Topic: VB36 Wood Lathe with Long Bed Tailstock  (Read 407 times)

Offline Wendy James

• iron
VB36 Wood Lathe with Long Bed Tailstock
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:50:23 PM »
FOR SALE
VB36 WOOD LATHE WITH LONG BED TAILSTOCK
£3850  onto

Reluctant sale, lack of time and space means I need to sell  one of my lathes.

Very good condition. Well looked after. Hobby use only.

Comes with 2 your jaw chucks, several rests and tools (maybe more to the right person.

Lathe is currently in storage in Monmouth (I'm now based in Caerleon).

Collection only, I do not have a vehicle suitable to transport it.
Cash on collection please

Photographs were taken a little while ago when it was in use...more photos can be taken if needed.

Please email me for more information or telephone Andrew on 07944630660

Offline steve matthews

• iron
Re: VB36 Wood Lathe with Long Bed Tailstock
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
hi Andrew,been looking for specs but can't find length of bed.any chance you would know the rough footprint of this lathe please.never seen one but watched plenty of you tube clips.brand new to turning  but want a lathe that won't limit my options as i progress and the VB appears to fit the bill .i would also be grateful if you have any other info or photos of what is included in the package. many thanks,steve.  (tel;01269 823664) smatthewstomos@yahoo.com

Offline Lazurus

• gold
Re: VB36 Wood Lathe with Long Bed Tailstock
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:20:08 AM »
have a look at The Tool post they are the uk dealers and will I suspect have all the details you need. I have had mine for several years, please bear in mind it is a non standard spindle with a bayonet fitting, and if you are later looking at things like sphere jigs or bowl savers the non standard desigh of the spindle, bedbars and the 40mm tool post can cause some engineering difficulties for off the shelf products. That said it is a hell of a machine and I wouldnt change anything. From pens to 5` 9" bowls are all possible.

36" swing over the bed is handy to.
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads