Author Topic: Pineapple  (Read 1223 times)

Offline willstewart

• gold
Pineapple
« on: February 02, 2020, 07:31:59 PM »
A piece made in response to a challenge for a 'Piece of Fruit'!

Made using the router crafter I used for the helical candlesticks recently - old but fun.  The RC constrains  dimensions a bit so the fruit is perhaps less fat than typical - but otherwise fairly good.  A few chips come out whilst routing (this is better than a previous test) so not perfect but not bad.  The body is cheap B&Q pine (selected). I am not sure if a hardwood would chip less.

For fabrication details see the attached pdf with pictures of stages.

Offline willstewart

• gold
Re: Pineapple
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 10:08:07 AM »
I did win the club (Tudor Rose) 'piece of fruit' competition with this - a reward for being different, maybe? 

Offline Mike313

• gold
  • Ancora Imparo
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 01:55:32 PM »
Congratulation on winning the prize:)
I'm not familiar with the router equipment you used but you have used it creatively on the main body of the pineapple. Upwards and onwards !

Offline willstewart

• gold
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 09:44:27 PM »
In case you were wondering what you do with a wooden pineapple here is an answer! 

There is a 30mm diameter *75mm long oak peg through the middle and into the post, not glued in the post since our stairs require the top (previously a simple acorn) to be removable for some furniture movements!

Of course this is possible as our club show is cancelled due to COVID-19, so the piece is not needed for that.

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 09:55:25 PM »
Very well done.