Author Topic: New Project  (Read 4264 times)

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
Re: New Project
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2019, 10:11:51 PM »
Thank you John I did a bit on it today and will do some more tomorrow so keep watching .
I do not give up on things even if if they dont go as I expected.I will finish it and if I dont like it I will scrap it.
If it all goes wrong and I dont like it I will still post it all on my Blog and the finished piece on here as it is no shame for things to go wrong sometimes it means at least you are trying.
I think if more people put their failures up on Forum's as well as their successes it would inspire others never to give up

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline Percy

• bronze
    • Percy Bishton
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 10:14:45 PM »
I haven't got a drum sander so all my pewter work has to be done on the lathe, but I feel your pain with this one! It can be a very frustrating material!

If I put all my failures up on here I'd probably break the internet. ;)

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2019, 10:21:00 PM »
Hi Percy

Most is done on the Lathe but if you follow the blog on this one you will see the advantage of the drum sander but it is costing a fortune in abrasive.The real advantage will be when all the pewter is in place and the resin hardened and I can sand the whole thing flush.
One thing is for certain nobody will ever pay me for the time and materials on this one LOL
http://wwwartistry-in-wood.blogspot.com/

Regards George

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 08:36:44 PM »

Hi George,
                 I have just looked at your Blog things seem to be coming along nicely all of this pewter must be very expensive
 I am looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

Regards John     
John Smith

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 08:44:38 PM »
Just done an update John please have a look.
The cost of the Pewter and the Resin not to mention my time means I will probably have to sell it at a loss or keep it

Regards George

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »

Hi George,
                 Nice touch the Purple colour I like it very much I think you will finish off keeping this one after all of the Blood Sweat and Tears you have put into this.
                                                         Regards John
John Smith

Offline Percy

• bronze
    • Percy Bishton
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 09:14:06 PM »
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Not done a lot of resin work myself, but have helped a friend who makes river tables, so I know how tricky it can be to work with, without it all leaking out onto the floor to give the worlds most expensive puddle. In the last photo the frame looks tilted a little. Is this on purpose to increase the depth and colour of the resin on one side?
The best thing about sharing this stuff is it gives others inspiration and ideas for work - thanks George

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2019, 09:19:35 PM »
Hello Percy

According to my level it is spot on but I am keeping a close watch on it for a couple of hours.
It is so thin it would not have to be far out to run over the side
I think it is probably the way I have taken the pic

Regards George