Author Topic: Wooden straight sided dish commission  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Holly02

• iron
Wooden straight sided dish commission
« on: June 15, 2019, 01:56:17 PM »
Hi, I’m looking to buy some straight sided wooden dishes for making trinket dishes but I can’t find any suitable online. I was just wondering how much they would cost to commission - they would be about 14cm diameter (to be confirmed) and 2cm in height. Thank you. p.s I am from the UK :)

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
Re: Wooden straight sided dish commission
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 02:59:06 PM »
Do you have a timber preference?
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Holly02

• iron
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 04:46:53 PM »
Do you have a timber preference?

I’m not entirely sure - what would be the range in pricing?

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 06:00:01 PM »
Hi Holly 02....with a bowl/dish that small, the cost of the raw material is not too important, unless you were looking for a rare, exotic timber. What is more important to know, for me, is what you mean by a straight sided dish. Am I right in thinking that when viewed from the side, the side (edge) is vertical and the bottom flat?
Another factor, before being able to quote, would be an idea of the quantity required. Once my query on the profile is answered, I could quote for batches of 5/10/20 etc, but a guide would be useful.

Regards....Les

p.s. ... you can check out my woodturning business here www.prenbala.co.uk, and I am a member of the Register of Professional Turners.
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Holly02

• iron
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 06:50:40 PM »
Hi Holly 02....with a bowl/dish that small, the cost of the raw material is not too important, unless you were looking for a rare, exotic timber. What is more important to know, for me, is what you mean by a straight sided dish. Am I right in thinking that when viewed from the side, the side (edge) is vertical and the bottom flat?
Another factor, before being able to quote, would be an idea of the quantity required. Once my query on the profile is answered, I could quote for batches of 5/10/20 etc, but a guide would be useful.

Regards....Les

p.s. ... you can check out my woodturning business here www.prenbala.co.uk, and I am a member of the Register of Professional Turners.

Hi,

Thank you for being so helpful. It's really dependent on price how many I buy - but lets just say 5 as a starting point :) How would it vary with number?

I have attached a picture of the kind of thing I mean!

Thanks.

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 05:30:47 AM »
I've PMd you with further info.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.