Author Topic: Craft Fairs  (Read 25145 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Craft Fairs
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2018, 11:55:27 AM »
Display is a major part of selling at shows. You need an attractive display not a jumble sale / boot sale effect or people don't bother looking.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2018, 04:00:51 PM »
I agree Pete but there is always that thought in the back of my head that if they don't/can't see it they will never buy it!

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
Totally agree John which is all part of having a good display. Just putting stuff on a table in a haphazard way is no good, people look and walk on by. You need a display that pulls people in, attracts people. Incite peoples curiosity as most non turner assume that turners just make bowls perhaps pens and chair legs. Show them somerthing different, excite their interest.

pete

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2018, 09:17:28 PM »
i've never made a pen in my life...

pete you probably wouldn't like my stand at Eton then as i tend to put out as many as i can but i do try to make it look somewhat attractive (if it can be) as my thinking is i they don't like the first one the clap eyes on they will most likely see another that tickles their fancy.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2018, 09:21:49 PM »
You aren't selling to me Steve so what works for you is what counts.  This is the sort of stand we have at shows, bigger or smaller depending on the location. Works for us.

Pete