Author Topic: Slotted Pot  (Read 1466 times)

Offline Derek

• platinum
Slotted Pot
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:12:54 PM »
Made from Oak and decorated with acrylic artist paint on the inside and Ebonising spray on the outside It stand 6" X 3". I made a router jig and used that to produce both the upright and slots around the circumference. Three slots on one side and five on the other just felt right doing it this way
C & C welcome as always

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: Slotted Pot
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:18:57 PM »
Derek,

I've looked and looked. It's clever, it's different but truthfully, having spent many years in the Army, it looks like a piece of some sort of military connector for an antenna or tentage.

Don't take that wrong, we've had people post all sorts of things that look mechanical items or like plumbing or worked and painted so heavily you cannot see the wood. I've learnt, that is not wrong, wood is our medium but it is sometimes only a base for the next step of the work.

This is well turned, well finished and well decorated. I assume it's finished to your satisfaction and it achieved what you were trying to make. It's not wrong but it is different.

Will be interesting to see how you use your router jig to embellish some of your turnings in the future.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Derek

• platinum
Re: Slotted Pot
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »
Thank you Bryan. If I was to make another similar I would choose a different wood. The design was from a rubber roller that I saw but with different design. I have some more ideas but it is getting around to them