Author Topic: Trouble starting my record pt260 planer thicknesser  (Read 1967 times)

Offline hutz

• iron
Trouble starting my record pt260 planer thicknesser
« on: July 02, 2018, 11:47:03 PM »
I have just bought a record pt260 planer thicknesser. He shown me it working.
I now have it set up in my garage. I cannot seem to get it to work. Iv read the manual but it doesn’t explain it enough.
I have tried connecting the hood etc to complete the circuit(micro switch) help needed

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Trouble starting my record pt260 planer thicknesser
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 05:13:43 AM »
My best advise would be to give Record a call and ask to speak to their Technical Department. They are happy to talk to buyers of used machinery  and are very knowledgeable about their equipment.
Do you have the full manual, as available on-line? If not, you can get one here...url]file:///C:/Users/lessy/Downloads/prod_000434_manual_1429007704.pdf[/url]

Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 11:08:27 AM »
Double check that the parts fitted that contact the micro switches are in fact doing so as the little metal tabs if there are any can be slightly bent and not doing there job correctly

Offline Tim Pettigrew

• bronze
    • Converting a garage to a woodturning workshop
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 11:21:06 AM »
Having just bought one I can add that I had a similar problem and it was down to not understanding how the micro (safety) switches worked.  Once sussed I have had no problems.  I have to say that the instructions are not clear.

Tim

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 10:32:07 PM »
I know this sounds obvious but I would also check thet the lead is fully plugged into the machine. Sometimes the plug can come out a bit.