Author Topic: Hollow form  (Read 1925 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Hollow form
« on: March 15, 2018, 05:07:05 PM »
I don't make many hollow forms, I don't particularly enjoy turning wet wood but sometimes I get a bit and rather than waste it I convert it into a hollow form. Today was no exception, I got home from picking up a plank of Oak for a job in a couple of weeks time and there was a message to say that there was a Sycamore tree being felled on the alottments at th back of my workshop, did I want any? So I wandered down with my wheel barrow and accepted 3 pieces about 9" diameter and 12" or so long. So this afternoon I started turning a hollow form and have just finished the first one (before drying time) and I am now absolutely kn*****ed! So that is another reason why I don't make hollow forms, too much like hard work!!.

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
Re: Hollow form
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 07:09:35 AM »
Hollow Forms  :) Green Sycamore  :) :) K*a*k*r  ;D ;D ;D

You need to try knitting John  ;D ;D ;D

All the best

Ed

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 08:05:10 AM »
I have a suggestion.....those of us who will be making our way to the big city next week, each takes a lump of green timber for John, then he can hone his recently practised skills.... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:09:32 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 12:00:42 AM »
Now you see Les it is ideas like that that get me in trouble from SWMBO. I made another today and have one piece of the Sycamore left but no time to turn it. Just hope it stays OK until I get back.