Author Topic: Yes mi,lady MkII  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Derek

• platinum
Yes mi,lady MkII
« on: February 22, 2018, 10:18:06 PM »
I made this lady figure for someone who saw something similar at our club open day last year as he has supplied me with wood so a bit of payback. Made from Yew and stands 8 1/2" tall. There was bark around the bottom but did loose that but I think it worked out for the better. I spotted the two knots in the wood which were at the wrong height so made sure these are at the back as it would have been embarressing if I had positioned them eslewhere, this also proved to be an advantage as the bottom of the skirt looks a little like it is trailing behind.

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: Yes mi,lady MkII
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »
Derek,

I've not seen an off-centre lady done quite this way before, they normally have slender legs (lower half) I like the effect of he full skirt you've got there though.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Derek

• platinum
Re: Yes mi,lady MkII
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 11:30:25 AM »
Derek,

I've not seen an off-centre lady done quite this way before, they normally have slender legs (lower half) I like the effect of he full skirt you've got there though.

Thank you I have seen the ones with the legs turned. The dress idea is not mine and forgive me I can't remember who it was but the did come to our club and demonstrate these which was handy as I needed to make one as you can see from my first post