Author Topic: Belt + Disc sander  (Read 2461 times)

Offline MCB

• gold
Belt + Disc sander
« on: December 09, 2017, 11:26:50 PM »
Ladies & Gentlemen

My Belt and Disc sander died today. If anybody is  interested, the disc no longer rotates without wobbling. I  have attempted to tighten the 1/4“ BSW socket set screw but I  think it no longer screws tightly in the casting (the threaded hole must be deformed - the grub screw looks OK). And I  do NOT have a long 1/8” allen key to tighten the grub screw.

So I'll  have to replace the machine.

I  would  like to ask subscribers to tell me if they would  recommend any particular makes of Belt + Disc sanders. I'm  thinking of a 150mm/6“ disc and 100mm/4” x 915mm belt model.

I look forward to reading your  comments and thank you, in anticipation, for your assistance.

With best wishes.

MC Black

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
Re: Belt + Disc sander
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 04:45:33 AM »
Budget ?

Offline MCB

• gold
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 10:07:23 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to respond.

The budget is  less important than buying a machine that will do the job and NOT let me down.

I  bought my present machine second-hand from Ebay five years ago for £43 so I  don't feel that it owes me anything.

I  have a large stock of spare 150mm  sanding discs and 915mm belts so am reluctant to buy a machine that take different sizes and I  have NOT felt the need for anything bigger.

I  would  NOT want to spend more than £200.

Very many thanks again

MC Black

Offline ericroy

• iron
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 11:00:12 AM »
I have a RecordPower BDS150 that might suit you and I have been feeling that it does not justify the workshop space. After 5 years I have only just changed the sanding disc! It is complete with original box and instructions - please contact me if you would like further details.

With your target budget of under £200, I am not sure there is a great deal of choice in new machines. They all seem pretty similar apart from the badge and colour. I suspect they all come from the same factory in China?

Offline MCB

• gold
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 11:59:08 AM »
I  have attempted to send you a personal message, OFF LIST.

If I  failed, please let me know!

MCB