Author Topic: Am I alone  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Derek

• platinum
Am I alone
« on: November 09, 2017, 05:54:22 PM »

I don't know but the last three weeks I just seem to have not spent time in the shed either turning or model making.
Just could not get up the enthusiasm to do anything .
Do any of you every get the same feeling.

Eventually I went out and turned a pen being something small and this seemed to do the trick and I am now back in there working on some soldier nutcrackers which once finished I will post.   

Offline seventhdevil

• platinum
Re: Am I alone
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:07:42 PM »
you're not alone in that feeling but three weeks would be a long time for me.

a couple of days is all i can manage before i need to get back out there again.

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 06:24:16 PM »
I have the other problem: not enough time.
Over the last couple of weeks I only spent a few days in the shop, and there always seems to be something else that needs doing: replace a fence, repair the fascia boards on my workshop, rearrange the guttering, fix a leak that meant I had 12ltr of water in the shop, find a fault in the electrics (mice eating cables, it turned out) and the list goes on and on. I just hope that eventually Mr Murphy will run out of things to throw at me.

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 07:06:43 PM »
I have a problem getting out of it at the moment. Stock building for the last two shows of the year, sadly all bread and butter stuff so about as close to production turning as I want to get LOL. Be glad when the shows are over and I can make things I want to make and not need. Got a load of burr, yew and other stuff shouting at me to be made into something LOL.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:21:15 AM »
you're not alone in that feeling but three weeks would be a long time for me.

a couple of days is all i can manage before i need to get back out there again.

Normally it would be for me

I have the other problem: not enough time.
Over the last couple of weeks I only spent a few days in the shop, and there always seems to be something else that needs doing: replace a fence, repair the fascia boards on my workshop, rearrange the guttering, fix a leak that meant I had 12ltr of water in the shop, find a fault in the electrics (mice eating cables, it turned out) and the list goes on and on. I just hope that eventually Mr Murphy will run out of things to throw at me.

That is a problem I have had in the past life gets in the way of shed time

I have a problem getting out of it at the moment. Stock building for the last two shows of the year, sadly all bread and butter stuff so about as close to production turning as I want to get LOL. Be glad when the shows are over and I can make things I want to make and not need. Got a load of burr, yew and other stuff shouting at me to be made into something LOL.

Pete

Not so much bread and butter things for me but about this time of year I get so wrapped up in making things for the festive season that it is great to finish and make something for me. but the problem is that I had things to make but just could not get into the work needed the last three weeks.

But at least now hopefully back on track and in full swing well as much as my body will allow ;)

Offline crazylegs

• bronze
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »
My problem is not enough time. When I get home from work it is just too late and cold. By the time my garage heats up its time to come in. Weekends I have to do the 'couple' bit. It seriously gets in the way of my new obsession !!!
never try to be better than others just better than you were yesterday.

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »
Find a time consuming hobby for the wife, that'll create free time for you. My wife keeps 2 horses, which means I have most of the weekends to myself. This obviously only works if there are no other maintenance jobs that take priority.