Author Topic: Prototype  (Read 1892 times)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Prototype
« on: November 05, 2017, 10:21:24 PM »
Prototype for a new range of mini Pyro and Ink goodies. Time hasn';t allowed us to make and decorate any bowls or forms but we need a cheaper range for shows so came up with the idea of making plaques based on the themes in the bowls as a cheap options. This one is based on the Autumn bowl. OK so not turning but from the same stable LOL.
The background will be proper black card when it arrives and the picture up the other way. This is worked on a panel of maple burr with a 200mm square viewing panel plus frame. There will be a smaller 150mm square one as well all featuring the flora and fauna, butterflies and bugs of the larger original range

Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Prototype
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 05:11:03 AM »
What a great idea Pete. The artwork of the original decorated bowls was so good that I'm pleased to see its elements being used like this. I've no doubt that they could become good little earners. Great idea.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 07:53:56 AM »
Hi Mo & Pete

To me this looks great and I think that you could take this further and make a larger one  :)

All the best

Ed

Offline hughie

• gold
  • The Wooden Potter
    • http://www.facebook.com/TheWoodenPotter
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 07:44:37 PM »
Pete what great idea colour and pyro in miniature. Love the detail, this could easily turn out to be a signature range embracing all sort of pieces. But then I like detail :)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 10:47:33 PM »
Thank ylou all for the comments. So far just praise but we'll see how they go. Mo enjoys doing them so no doubt there will be a few more as they are comparitively quick to make

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 12:33:53 PM »
Pete,

Wood is but a canvas for further work.

Its always interesting to see where an idea goes once it's started to grow beyond the original concept.

You've taken the Pyro work of Mo's on your platters and translated it into something that can hang on a wall, bet there are more people that would want to own one of these than a decorated platter.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!