Author Topic: Brown Oak Burl Vase  (Read 5557 times)

Offline andy44

• Andy
  • gold
Re: Brown Oak Burl Vase
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 11:44:29 AM »

Andy  The contrast in the wood is spectacular .. the shape seems to suit it well ,  got to agree with Ed though
 not keen on the brass infill, would have preferred a dark wood filler.... other wise a really nice piece to view
  Kind Regards Tony di
Thanks for the comments Tony & Di, never thought of wood filler, thanks for the tip  :)
regards
Andy
regards
Andy

Offline andy44

• Andy
  • gold
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 11:45:50 AM »
Oh now I lie this. Not because of the burr or the brass inlay in themselves are great, but for perfection of the form. For me the form here is what makes the piece sing, the extra burr and inlay add to this, but it is the purity of the form, just like the foundations of a building that makes it stand up tall. Thanks for sharing.
Hi Mark
Many thanks for your comments fella, really are appreciated
hope your well
Andy
regards
Andy

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 12:59:33 PM »
Andy,

well what a stunning piece of wood. I've seen blanks made by adding mixed colour resin to a piece of burr to create the 2 tone/wood effect, but this wood does it all naturally and in spades.

I really like the long sweeping curve from the rim to the foot, and from the photograph, it seems to lift the foot clear of the surface, or it that clever photography?

This is one to be proud of for a very long time.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline andy44

• Andy
  • gold
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 05:52:38 PM »
Andy,

well what a stunning piece of wood. I've seen blanks made by adding mixed colour resin to a piece of burr to create the 2 tone/wood effect, but this wood does it all naturally and in spades.

I really like the long sweeping curve from the rim to the foot, and from the photograph, it seems to lift the foot clear of the surface, or it that clever photography?

This is one to be proud of for a very long time.

Many thanks Bryan (I don't do clever photography fella  :)
regards
Andy
regards
Andy