Author Topic: LumberJack tools  (Read 3649 times)

Hollyhavenwoodturning

LumberJack tools
« on: May 02, 2017, 05:08:46 PM »

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Re: LumberJack tools
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
I don't but they look like Chinese imports with he LumberJack branding on them.

Not saying that is a bad thing, many companies do that, but do be aware of the possibility they might not be top quality.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 05:08:25 AM »
I would advise caution. I looked at the two links that you provided, and then also looked at their table saw, which appears to be remarkably similar to one that I bought a few years ago, as a "hobby" saw.....worst thing I ever did. The motor mount was so flimsy that the blade could shift sideways about a half of a degree with the vibration on start-up, the mitre fence was such a poor fit in the  groove on the table that it could be moved 2 degrees out of true, either side of the centre line, the extension tables were flimsy pressed steel and the table insert (where the blade projects through the table-top) was shockingly weak.
It is often the case that a whole range of importers purchse these machines in China, and have them branded with their own name, colour-ways etc, so a new name suddenly popping up doesn't necessarily mean a new range of machines.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline offanonone

• iron
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:23:40 PM »
I looked at this bandsaw last year at the Harrogate show when it was £60 cheaper than the current price.
It is identical to the Charnwood B250. Much cheaper at Boston Mowers.  http://www.bostonmowers.co.uk/shop/b250

Hollyhavenwoodturning

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
Hi guys thanks for the feedback and for sharing another site to buy tools.

:)