Author Topic: Productive day  (Read 3484 times)

Offline bernuk1

• bronze
Productive day
« on: April 13, 2017, 05:39:17 PM »
Today I wired an Axminster magnetic remote control unit into my Record CL4 lathe-now I can control things from both ends  ;D
Should make hollowing through small apertures less stressfull as I won't have to reach all the way to headstock to turn off without removing tool.

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
Re: Productive day
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 06:22:10 PM »
We can look forward to seeing some Hollow forms then well done

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
Great idea,how much did the speed controller cost you,or did you have in your spare bin.
welcome to my woodturning world

Offline Dave Wraight

• bronze
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 09:04:05 AM »
 Sounds like a great idea - was the rewiring difficult or can it be done by the non electronically minded like myself?

Offline bernuk1

• bronze
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 09:24:48 AM »
Great idea,how much did the speed controller cost you,or did you have in your spare bin.

I had to buy it from Axminster-It was around the £55 mark. It isn't shown in online catalogue,so I rang up to order it.
Mike

Offline bernuk1

• bronze
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 09:30:41 AM »
Sounds like a great idea - was the rewiring difficult or can it be done by the non electronically minded like myself?

er,when Isay 'I wired it,I did actually have an electrician friend here :-) It's pretty straight forward unless you fancy like enabling the 'reverse' function.which would involve some configuration of the invertor,so we left that for another time.
There's a thread here that sparked my interest (hope it's ok to post this)http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/reversing-the-record-cl4-t92686.html
Have fun, Mike.