Author Topic: Wadkin RS6 heavy duty woodturning lathe  (Read 76 times)

Offline AlastairM

• iron
Wadkin RS6 heavy duty woodturning lathe
« on: August 09, 2022, 05:03:56 PM »
This is a heavy duty (and very heavy) lathe. It has a 12" (305 mm) swing over the bed, and 24" (610 mm) swing when the removable gap bed section is removed. The between centre distance is 3' 6" (1067 mm). The overall length is 7' 0" (approx. 2135 mm) and a width of 2' 3" (685 mm). The inboard thread is 1-3/8" x 6 tpi Whitworth, and the outboard thread is 1-1/2" x 6 tpi LH. The headstock and tailstock tapers are both No. 2 MT. There are a number of OEM and non-OEM (i.e. fabricated) tool rests of varying lengths, including a double 24" OEM tool rest. There is also a special fabricated long reach tool rest for turning over the gap bed. The weight is approximately 622 kg.   
The lathe has a 4-step pulley system (fitted with an endless belt), but has an ABB external inverter installed in a separate enclosure (for protection) for variable speed and use with your single phase domestic power supply.  The motor is a 1.5 kW size, for plenty of power. The lathe has jack-up castors, for easy movement of the lathe around the workshop. I have three 6" OEM faceplates (1-3/8" x 6 tpi Whitworth) and one OEM 1-3/8" x 6 tpi Whitworth 12" faceplate.
I have a number of images of the lathe, which are not shown here, due to limitations of the website. The buyer will be responsible for collection from Aberdeen. There is also a cast iron, heavy duty, freestanding tool rest/support available for outboard turning, for an additional £300.  The price for everything (except the outboard freestanding tool rest) is £2,000.     
Contact details are: Mobile: 07925 239 704 or E-Mail at: a.mck@zen.co.uk.