Author Topic: Lidl Florabest chain sharpener  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
Lidl Florabest chain sharpener
« on: September 01, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »
For those of you who use a chainsaw Just had a trip to Lidl and got the £19.99 Florabest bench sharpener, just had a quick look whilst back at the office and for under £20 it looks pretty fair. Even has a little LED so you can sharpen in the dark. Plastics are thick and strong, base casting looks ok and the wheel appears of a reasonable quality, all the adjusters are sturdy and accurate. It does 1/4" 0.325 and 3/8 chains. Will let you know more after I have tried it in anger, been saving a couple of chains to test on. Up until now I have always hand sharpened even on milling chains so this will be a revelation.

S.
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
Re: Lidl Florabest chain sharpener
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 07:46:00 AM »
Well I am impressed, best £20 I have spent. Quiet accurate well made and quick. Thoroughly recommended if you need this type of sharpener. Whizzed through half a dozen chains last night came out factory fresh.

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:52:39 PM »
Even if it breaks down now still cheaper than sending them away to have them sharpened. I was quoted £10+ to have one sharpened

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 02:15:54 PM »
Even if it breaks down now still cheaper than sending them away to have them sharpened. I was quoted £10+ to have one sharpened

Blimey, that's a lot you can get Chinese chains for 6.50.....

Actually for the time it takes, around 10 mins for a 20" chain that's £60 an hour, I'm in the wrong job!

Offline ChrisF

• gold
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2016, 06:17:14 PM »
Thanks for the tip Lazurus.  Picked one up today - last in the store as it happened.   Very impressed, except for the fact that the start and stop buttons are the wrong way round  :o ??? ::)

Never mind, works perfectly!