Author Topic: Call for Toy Makers  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
Call for Toy Makers
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
John Smith sent me this and asked for it to be put on the forum -

I wonder if the following would be of interest to the members? I am contacting you from Raise the Roof Productions, a television production company. We produce Kirstie Allsopp’s Christmas craft programmes for Channel 4. Each year we feature a number of Christmas craft competitions on the programme, in which we invite talented makers to appear on competing and showing off their skills in some fun Christmas competitions. You can see last year’s competitions here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/kirsties-handmade-christmas

This year we are adding a new category – best handmade toy. We are keen to hear from people who make toys from wood who might like to apply to take part. In particular, we’re keen to find people who have or could make a go kart or similar that they would like to enter.

I’ve attached a flyer, if you think this might be of interest to your members then please feel free to circulate. It’s a fun thing to do and we had great feedback from the entrants who took part in last year’s programmes  to say how much they enjoyed the experience.

Please do let me know if you require any further information.

Best wishes,

Kate

Kate Wilson
Producer
Raise the Roof Productions
The Hub
Pacific Drive
Pacific Quay
GLASGOW
G51 1EA
Tel: 0141 427 5880
kate.wilson@raisetheroofproductions.com