Author Topic: Some stuff bought on Amazon  (Read 6626 times)

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
Some stuff bought on Amazon
« on: August 14, 2016, 06:26:47 PM »
I bought a few bits and bobs on amazon,a 10 pack of 6 mm tungsten carbide burrs 3 mm shank,10pack of 3 mm tungsten carbide burrs 3 mm shank,pack of 20, 15 mm flapwheels 120 grit with 2 detatchable 3 mm screw in shanks and a pack of 20, 10 mm 240 grit flapwheels with 2 screw in 3 mm shanks,have been trying them out over the last week or two,the carbide burrs are excellent for the carving I do on my turnery and the flapwheels make short work of getting and smoother surface,the flapwheels come in 120,240,320,400,and 600 grits and I will be buying some of the other grits in the near futureoh there are 10 carbide burrs in each pack,total paid for all items just under £30.00p,cheers,  Eric.

welcome to my woodturning world

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Some stuff bought on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:12:37 PM »
sounds interesting...any chance that you could post a link to the seller?
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
Re: Some stuff bought on Amazon
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 09:43:32 AM »
sorry Les don`t know how to do links, but the name of the companies are VKTECH for the 3 mm carbide cutters, CNBTR for the flap wheels and SPTA for the 6 mm cutters,if you look up flap wheels for a dremel you`ll see them, and look for tungsten carbide cutters for a dremel for the others,then you`ll get the 3 mm shank ones come up on amazon,they are all Chinese,but they work,have been buying my carbide cutter of varying sizes that way for a couple of years now,cheers,

Eric.

PS these were the cheapest companies there,some cost double or treble these prices.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 09:45:07 AM by Eric Harvey »
welcome to my woodturning world