Author Topic: Axminster After Sales Service  (Read 3373 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Axminster After Sales Service
« on: August 03, 2016, 09:28:16 PM »

Last June 2015 I purchased a Creusen Slow running Bench Grinder as soon as I set it up using the 60grit wheel  it was breaking down

like scattering sugar I spoke to Axminster Tools and a new wheel came the next day.I was never really happy with the run out on the

wheels the  outside diameter was ok when dressed but it is a no no to dress the sides of wheels I decided to live with this but one year

later it was getting on my nerves so on Monday 1st August I sent Axminster an email today 3rd 2 new wheels arrived by DPD

great service  ;D ;D ;D this is why I use this Company. Thank you Axminster John

John Smith

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: Axminster After Sales Service
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 10:08:03 PM »
I recently started searching for a conveyor-belt-fed drum sander for doing a load of flatwork for the shop, to compliment my turned work. Given the general belief that Axminster's after sales service is so good, I decided not to get a cheaper model, but to pay the extra and deal with APT.....it proved to be the right decision because there were serious faults with the machine caused by poor handling in transit. This morning, APT's own van came all the way from Devon to Bala to take the old machine away and put a new one on my doorstep.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 11:20:26 AM »
I always recommend Axminster tools for the great service

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline mickdundee

• iron
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 02:56:32 PM »
I was overcharged in Basingstoke store. It's a bit of a drive to sort out a ten quid refund. They put me through to customer services and as I'd paid cash which meant they couldn't simply reared it my account they gave me the option of a cheque through the post or store credit which is on the system next time I'm in a store. Good people to deal with

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 05:18:40 PM »
update on my sander and the legendary Axminster after-sales service.....one of the abrasive belt tensioners failed, so was replaced immediately, but they're an absolute pig to fit, so this morning, they sent an engineer from Warrington to fit it for me. ;D ;D ;D
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.