Author Topic: Pyrographed vessels...  (Read 7994 times)

Andy Coates

Re: Pyrographed vessels...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »
Thanks everyone. I think I've decided that they won't be coloured after all. I like the effect as they come off the pyro tool. They do need a UV protected finish, so I've gone for an artist's wood friendly varnish with added UV protection. I'll see how it looks tomorrow.

In the meantime the next one is finished and on the blog at:

www.woodturningblog.wordpress.com

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2011, 11:19:34 PM »
Andy I am intrigued by your thought process in the making of the hollow form. I can see why you did the decoration the way you did but what made you write certain words  and also why some words were "bent"  the way they are?
I actually find random hard to do when burning as the natural way is to work in straight lines. I did look at your blog and saw how you blocked out but I would have thought that would encourage straight line working.
Regards
John
BHT

Andy Coates

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 08:55:04 AM »
Hello John,

if you look at the WIP pic at the end of the last post you'll notice a shape that isn't a square. On this one I introduced two other shapes - a circle and a french curve-based shape, to break the pattern.

One of the main advantages of the  PPHA03 woodart machine and the Burnmaster is that their heat recovery time is so quick that you can "draw" curves with relative ease.

As for the words and non pictorial elements...well, that will remain a secret :)