Author Topic: Rolly Munro Demos  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
Rolly Munro Demos
« on: September 14, 2011, 09:02:49 AM »
Hi

What a great day out!  I spent yesterday at Axminster's Store in Warrington watching a demo by Rolly Munro.  Inspirational and educational.  I've had a Rolly Tool for some time and had some success with it but always been a bit cautious.  Watching Rolly demonstate its capabilities has given me lots of ideas and I can't wait to give it a go!

Also managed to to treat myself - I deserve it!! ::) :D

if you get chance to see him it's well worth it.  He's at Little Sheffield today (14th) and I understand he will be doing a demo at Turner's Retreat as well.

Back to work now

Cheers Dave

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Re: Rolly Munro Demos
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »
Hi David,Myself and two other members of our club went to see Rolly at the Axminster Nuneaton branch yesterday as you say a great day for free there were only about a dozen there in the morning and only five in the afternoon I can not understand why it was so poorly supported it was a great opportunity to see a great Woodturner from New Zealand.So many of us woodturners complain about shows closing and here was a chance to see up close a very informative demonstration.Regards John
John Smith

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »
Hi John

I quite agree with you about the turnout - it was teh same in Warrington, although we had about a dozen in the afternoon.

Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised, we can;t generate any enthusiasm for an all day demo from a professional at our club either.

Cheers Dave

Dave Wilcox

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:06:59 PM »
Bit of a way from me up here in the East. I think the advertising is the usual let down with these events. I have not seen anything on this at all. If I have it was so poorly designed I never registered it!