Author Topic: Nana's Tea  (Read 2679 times)

Mike Gibson

Nana's Tea
« on: September 04, 2011, 12:37:03 AM »
Thought l had better post some of my wife's work before she gets mad. I turned this teapot from Pear and Cynthia did the surface design. She wanted to create the illusion of Nana’s favorite stoneware teapot that has seen many teatimes. Pyro with a wash of color, acrylic spray finish and buffed. 3 1/2" x 7"
Comments & Critiques more than welcome.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Nana's Tea
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 01:02:08 AM »

Mike, just perfect in form and Cynthia has transformed it beautifully as always, a prize piece ...  of prizes, you did well at SWAT too.

It's refreshing to see unique designs as your's from across the pond ...  keep them coming, ever to keep Cynthia culm ...  Hum.. teacup comes to mind.

Cheers,   David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:17:46 AM »
wow, very effective, looks like pot!
John Simon Lawrenson

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »
I like this very much.
Regards
John
BHT

Mike Gibson

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 06:46:59 PM »
Thank you all for your comments.

David, our Beads of Courage box which are for kids with cancer was chosen by the vendors as the best out of 99 boxes at SWAT symposium in Waco Texas. As we all made the boxes for the children, we was surprised there were prizes which earned us over $500 in vouchers to come home with many tools that l desperately needed.

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:17:51 PM »
Hello Mike.What a wonderful piece of turning the decoration by Cynthia is outstanding it looks like the real ceramic teapot
 Remember to warm the pot prior to making the tea ;) like Nana used to do.Regards John
John Smith