Author Topic: Elipse Half Face Mask  (Read 5635 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
Elipse Half Face Mask
« on: December 27, 2015, 04:48:38 PM »

Hi I am thinking of purchasing one of these Elipse Half Face masks I have two Questions to ask

1.   Has anyone had experience of these if so your opinion would be helpful

2.   They come in two sizes S/M and M/L how do you know what size to order ?

Regards John
John Smith

Offline dubturner

• copper
Re: Elipse Half Face Mask
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 08:52:20 PM »
John
I have one of these for the last 2 or 3 months. They are ok. If you wear glasses they do stop them fogging up once the glasses are not cold.
As with all of these type of masks if you have a beard their effectiveness is reduced.
I'm not sure whether I'd buy another one if this one was damaged - I may revert to the Air Ace half face mask.
Regards
Pat

Offline MCB

• gold
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 12:46:09 AM »
I've  been advised that users with  Facial Hair (I think that's a politically correct phrase for beard!) have to go for a full face respirator such as those sold by Trend and Axminster because anything less than that will NOT seal around mouth and nose.

MCB

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 04:18:09 PM »
Extra large for you John XXXL  :D :D :D
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline edbanger

• platinum
    • Olivers Woodturning
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 07:36:44 PM »
Hi John

I use them and sell them I found them very  good, not a replacement for the Trend but very handy when your doing the odd bit of sanding or on the saw. You would need the med/large

All the best

Ed

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 09:41:10 AM »

Thank you every one for your answers and help Ed I will be in touch next week to place an order what is the cost of P&P ?

Regards John
John Smith

Offline Ghodder

• iron
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 02:08:07 PM »
Hi had one and sold it within a month, as I also did with the trend full face. I guess what I'm saying is yo get what you pay for I purchased a 3m Versaflow lot more expensive but what the cost of lungs. Cold air in summer light and not noisy like the trend which I found unbalanced, and gave me neck ache after a while. I have one with the shroud so no dust what so ever. Easy to maintain battery on waist.
You never will need another. You can also have your beard no problem.
Look up on you tube there is a great comparison between the 3m and the trend.

Garry

Offline Rich D

• iron
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 04:31:11 PM »
I have a Elipse Half Face mask which does everything it should, only downside is a lot of moisture forms inside the mask.

As they say you only get one pair of lungs. ;)