Author Topic: Woodturning Weekender 5: Return to Springfields  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Chestnut Products

• iron
Woodturning Weekender 5: Return to Springfields
« on: September 11, 2023, 04:14:40 PM »

For 2024 we're going back to where it all started!
Join us in Spalding for a weekend of fantastic woodturning and loads of fun!

See www.woodturningweekender.com for more details. Or ask questions here!

Offline Bodger

• iron
Re: Woodturning Weekender 5: Return to Springfields
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 06:01:29 AM »
If the 2024 Weekender is anything like the 2023 event then it will be a thoroughly enjoyable and informative weekend.  I can only comment on this year's event (as it is the first one attended by me) but it was like a mini Harrogate with top class demonstrators, stalls selling and/or demonstrating turning related items and lots of friendly people to chat to.  It was also a great venue to make contacts that might assist our clubs in the coming months.  The advantage that the Weekender had over Harrogate was the intimacy of the event with the much smaller number of attendees and the main focus being on the demonstrations.  AND where else could you have seen Joe Laird, Gary Lowe and, of course, Terry Smart, singing 'Piano Man'....very loudly!?  A great experience for all.

Offline Chestnut Products

• iron
Re: Woodturning Weekender 5: Return to Springfields
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 01:48:08 PM »
Oooh, don't remind me! My voice was shot from too much talking, it was Joe's idea, I really struggled with it!
But I'm pleased you enjoyed the show. I think you've summed it up very well, it's meant to be a small and friendly show, I hope we've succeeded. I'm pleased that you made some good contacts as well, that's another aim we have, to put new people in touch with each other.
2024 will be even better, we're increasing the number of trade stands slightly, to give a wider spread of products, but without endless rows of stands all selling the same thing!
I hope we'll see you there!
Terry