Author Topic: Just Wood  (Read 5254 times)

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
Re: Just Wood
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »

Thank You Mark....Agree that it is a very forgiving Wood .... The problem I`m having is possibly because of all the High Figure
    and Burr..... A bit like Apple Burr can react. My main problem is I think I`m trying to go too thin maybe I should leave them chunky.
    Although its moving a lot there is no cracking.
    Kind Regards Tony

Of course you could always let me have some of it to try out, then we could swap notes on how we did :) :) :) :)

Offline georg

• TONY & DI
  • platinum
    • Anthony George
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2015, 01:07:38 PM »

Thank You Steve...... for the suggestion and the link..... had not thought of that type, I will  look into it further.
       I have already got a Dehumidifiers in the drying room. (that's posh for Garage / Shed ) :)

Mark.... I went to the post office and they don`t do COD for postage....... might have to wait till Yandles

Regards Tony d

"If you always do what you always done, you always get what you always got" 

http://www.anthonygeorge.net/

Offline Steve Jones

• gold
    • the woodturners
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 08:40:45 PM »
Lovely bowls, Di & Tony, great job. I love some of the work on here but still prefer the natural wood. A bit of a traditionalist I'm afraid.

Offline georg

• TONY & DI
  • platinum
    • Anthony George
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2015, 04:27:58 PM »

Much Appreciated Steve .... Thank You.. Although we colour and Decorate some pieces of wood about 20% its usually bland
  or mucky off cuts. Watching a piece of highly figured ... or burr ... even better if its together, come to life on the lath we still
  both find absolutely amazing.  You never know what is hiding under the bark. So we are still 80%  big fans of pure wood  :) :) :)
  Not quite 100% though :) :) :) :)
  Kindest Regards
  Tony di
"If you always do what you always done, you always get what you always got" 

http://www.anthonygeorge.net/