Author Topic: Band saw  (Read 3365 times)

Offline MCB

• gold
Band saw
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:44:28 PM »
My bandsaw died at the weekend so I  need to replace it.

(It's obsolete and I  only paid £36 for it so I'm  NOT heartbroken)

Because I  only have limited space in my shed/workshop, it has to be a Bench Top model no more than 900 mm overall high.

I should be most grateful if members would kindly pass on their recommendations (or otherwise) on Bench top bandsaws.

Which makes/models would  you recommend?

Have you encountered any problems or difficulties?

I'm  initially attracted to Record Power's BS10 and BS250 because of the 5 year guarantee. Has anybody had to invoke that guarantee? How easy were Record Power to deal with?

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you, in anticipation, for your assistance.

MC Black

Offline julcle

• platinum
Re: Band saw
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
Pity you can't get to Yandles in a couple of weeks there will be loads of small bench top saws there. I have the Record BK3 benchtop saw and have had it for 35years (I think), it's never let me down and great for small work. I also have the Record Model 75 Bench Morticer which has never let me down either that must be getting on for 15years old now. Record do quite a lot of shown around the country with some good show offers so have a look at their website and see if there one near you.
Julian
Crowvalley Woodturners
Julian

Offline MCB

• gold
Re: Band saw
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:36:20 AM »
Pity you can't get to Yandles in a couple of weeks there will be loads of small bench top saws there. I have the Record BK3 benchtop saw and have had it for 35years (I think), it's never let me down and great for small work. I also have the Record Model 75 Bench Morticer which has never let me down either that must be getting on for 15years old now. Record do quite a lot of shown around the country with some good show offers so have a look at their website and see if there one near you.
Julian

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I'll  be attending the Euro Woodworking Show at Cressing Temple next month (and am going to Charnwood on Saturday - but they will only be displaying their own products!) - but Record won't be there.

If I  haven't bought a replacement by then, I'll  probably go to the show at Kempton Park.

I'll  certainly go to see both models at Bedford Saw (who Record tell me are my “local” dealer - but it's actually quite a long way!)

With best wishes and thanks again. 

MC