Author Topic: Sorby Precision Chuck no. 900 instruction manual  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Derring

• iron
Sorby Precision Chuck no. 900 instruction manual
« on: April 16, 2015, 11:57:20 PM »
Does anyone possess a copy of the instruction manual for this chuck and be willing to provide me with a scan?
I was given the equipment a while back minus the manual and try as I might I have been unable to fathom out exactly how it works.
Without the manufacturers instructions I am definitely not risking injury by trying it on my lathes.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Offline MCB

• gold
Re: Sorby Precision Chuck no. 900 instruction manual
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:44:11 PM »
Does anyone possess a copy of the instruction manual for this chuck and be willing to provide me with a scan?
I was given the equipment a while back minus the manual and try as I might I have been unable to fathom out exactly how it works.
Without the manufacturers instructions I am definitely not risking injury by trying it on my lathes.
Any help would be highly appreciated.

Have you asked Sorby?

MC

Offline Derring

• iron
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 01:20:21 AM »
Did consider that, MCB - however no mention of this chuck model on their Instructions webpage and couldn't find an email address to ask their Support people. Thanks for the advice though.

However, since posting this item, I ran a search of the previous postings on this forum and found an earlier request for the manual dated some years ago.
On that occasion, the Bowler Hatted Turner came to the assistance of the poster by providing a scan of the manual.

If BHT reads this post, would it be too presumptious of me to ask for a copy of the scan that he provided at that time.

Derring

Offline MCB

• gold
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 07:11:21 AM »
Did consider that, MCB - however no mention of this chuck model on their Instructions webpage and couldn't find an email address to ask their Support people. Thanks for the advice though.

However, since posting this item, I ran a search of the previous postings on this forum and found an earlier request for the manual dated some years ago.
On that occasion, the Bowler Hatted Turner came to the assistance of the poster by providing a scan of the manual.

If BHT reads this post, would it be too presumptious of me to ask for a copy of the scan that he provided at that time.

Derring

In the past, I  have received a response to messages sent to sales@robert-sorby.co.uk - and NOT just about sales!

MC

Offline Derring

• iron
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
Thanks MCB - I'll take your advice and contact them.

Derring