Author Topic: AWGB Seminar  (Read 4825 times)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
AWGB Seminar
« on: August 14, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
Hello Everyone, I have just returned from the AWGB Seminar, What another fantastic 3 days.I met quite a lot of old friends also made friends with new ones including ones off this forum who I only new by name before.This 3 day Seminar is so packed with demonstrations and many other things there is never a dull moment.The Instant Gallery was wonderful with pieces that would be as  good as any Gallery in the World.The pictures of this can be viewed by great link set up by Andy Coats see his Thread.

I would like to thank Everyone on the AWGB Committee and all of the people who put so much time and work in to making this such a wonderful weekend.Thank you. Regards John

John Smith

Offline Roger Groom

• bronze
Re: AWGB Seminar
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 10:48:06 PM »
Hi all
I can only back up what John has already said. The weekend was a fantastic success with non stop action from start to finish. Reg Hawthorne and all his committee and helpers worked like the proverbial blue bummed flies all weekend to ensure the success of the event. It was just great. We all left, I am sure, full of inspiration (and a bit of dispair!!!!!) after viewing the gallery, and the diversity of it could not fail to impress. So once again, many thanks to all who organised and helped, and the demonstrators who amazed us all weekend. Thank you, and roll on 2013
Roger G

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 08:55:32 PM »
Hello Roger, I agree roll on 2013 I enjoyed yours and Roger Ls company at the Seminar congratulations in selling both of your pieces  in the Instant Gallery.I look forward to seeing the official photographs when they are posted.Regards John
John Smith

Andy Coates

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 10:23:17 AM »
I'm glad you each enjoyed the weekend.

Two months and we start planning for the 2013 Seminar!

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 11:12:28 AM »
I'll second Andy's comments, both here and on the other thread.

Great to meet old and new friends and I think the standard just gets better and better.

Cheers Dave

Offline Buzzbee

• iron
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:10:33 PM »
Hello all. I have lurked in the background here for a while now but felt I needed to join in with the thanks offered to everyone who contributed to this great event. I was the fortunate recipient of a scholarship award to attend so I feel more grateful than most. It was my first visit and I was very impressed with the organisation, the cleverly orchestrated 'orange brigade' and the relaxed and helpful atmosphere. To add icing to the cake One of my gallery items was chosen to go walkabout. I'm still in overdrive. Thanks everyone. Love the compulsory name badge idea too.

Allan

BrianGibbs

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
To all those who in any way contributed to the Seminar, a hearty, ---Well Done and thank you . I must say I appreciated the very special help I was given , allowing me access on my Mobility Scooter , I was the one to be avoided !! .

Thanks again ,

Brian Gibbs

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 09:08:42 PM »
hello all,
           this was my first seminar and I thought it was brilliant. It was nice to see all the old faces again and to sit and to meet new friends.
    As I was trying to operate a camera for John Wessels I missed what it was that he put on the pewter before the copper sulphate solution. Did anyone take notes?
Regards
John
BHT

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 10:12:41 PM »
Hi John,
If I recall, John Wessels used two solutions, one was a black patina and the other was a copper patina - both available from staned glass suppliers. If you need a supplier, let me know.

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 11:09:19 PM »
Thanks Paul
John