Author Topic: Hollowing tool recommendations please.  (Read 11502 times)

Andy Coates

Re: Hollowing tool recommendations please.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 09:40:50 PM »
"I now officially endorse Crown turning tools and use the entire system for my turnings, both production work and dedicated projects."

Whilst tool reviews are helpful and encouraged, I would appreciate it if in future you could make it clear when you have received either a monetary or "in kind" benefit for offereing such a review, and would ask that you restrict your reviews to fact. From my understanding of your recent posts it would appear that you haven't been doing much, if any, production work, and little turning due to lack of wood, so can't help but wonder on what grounds you base such a glowing review.

I'm sorry if this offends but I feel the distinction between a personal review and a review that might effectively be sponsored is one which requires clarity.

regards,

Andy

theblindwoodturner

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »
Thanks andy, I do appreciate your comments.

I do not get paid for reviews of products, My association with crown tools is directly based on my involvement as a designer and turner with enough experience lol. Things have been quiet here in my workshop but have been at another workshop doing some demo work with a chap on a oneway lathe which to this day I still can't fathom out lol. I review products which I stick by on a professional basis and not through a company asking me to review in aid of any loyalty benefits.  It's simply my belief and experience in tools I stick by. If I think a tool is absolutely bloomin awful, I'll tell folk, then give my feedback to manufacturers with advice to improve the product. That's how I am. anyway Tomorrow is Cherry tree day... the final part of felling depending on weather.

No offence taken good friend.

Offline hughie

• gold
  • The Wooden Potter
    • http://www.facebook.com/TheWoodenPotter
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 08:35:55 AM »
For me I have a range of hollowers and dont really depend one type or model. This is in part due to the wide variation of available timber here in Australia, most of which falls into some sort of hardwood catagory.
Heres a few pics of some of the hollowers I use.