Author Topic: What price safety  (Read 28709 times)

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
Re: What price safety
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2015, 08:11:48 PM »
You should always keep your eyes open in charity shops

Otherwise you knock stuff over.
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?

Ollie

« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2015, 08:05:03 PM »
Although it is unlikely to happen it is probably worth including the inserts if you are selling candle holders just to cover yourself. I am a trainee solicitor currently working in Professional Indemnity insurance. Trust me, if someone can bring a claim, they will!

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2015, 08:51:32 PM »
Ollie thanks for that, welcome to the forum. you can be our legal beagle!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

andersonec

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2015, 03:25:57 PM »
Although it is unlikely to happen it is probably worth including the inserts if you are selling candle holders just to cover yourself. I am a trainee solicitor currently working in Professional Indemnity insurance. Trust me, if someone can bring a claim, they will!

And don't we know it, every day we are bombarded with adverts by claim firms telling you how much they want to serve you and how much they want to get you some money, did your child get their finger trapped in a desk lid, sue the school; fell over? sue someone, what I don't understand is what happens when you hurt yourself at home? someone must be to blame so why not claim? short time ago someone tried to sue their mother because she smoked while she was pregnant  :-\

Andy

Offline rick_dobney

• bronze
    • Rick Dobney Woodturning
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2015, 11:12:33 PM »
Hello All

Went to Ikea last weekend to buy some tea light holders http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00114167/, they're great value at £2 for a pack of 12, so the web site and catalogue says.
I thought this was a small price to pay to make sure my tea light turnings are as safe as is practical. Sadly, when I got there, I was advised by the sales assistant that they no longer stock them in all but the London store or on-line, apparently they're too small to stock !?!??!??! I found this hard to believe but what could I do.....order on-line and stomach the £9 delivery charge (I bought other items too). Just thought I'd save those of you who believe in an extra layer of safety a trip to the nearest Ikea if that's all you're going for.

Cheers
Rick

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2015, 11:51:59 PM »
Check out on ebay

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline rick_dobney

• bronze
    • Rick Dobney Woodturning
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2015, 12:21:30 AM »
Agreed, you can buy off ebay but most sellers are 'profiteering', £2 from Ikea, £7.99 for the same item & qty off eBay....just be careful.

Ollie

« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2015, 08:21:31 AM »
Thanks for the welcome TBHT. Andy - best one I have come across so far. My wife works in defendant noise induced hearing loss claims. She had one claim from a librarian claiming she got hearing loss as a result of the photocopier!!!!