Author Topic: Data Protection Act  (Read 6549 times)

Offline David Buskell

• gold
    • At The Cutting Edge
Re: Data Protection Act
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 07:58:47 PM »
Wow Tony, and I thought I was over-worked!!

David
David
At The Cutting Edge

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 10:04:10 PM »
David
If I were in your position I would resign!
I like the bit about googling the "sensitive" individual. I bet you can't find me on there. However if it's desperate you could try Facebook which I use to keep pace with family and friends.

Actually Tony yes your information is easily found via google, a quick search (less than 30 seconds) found your address, phone number, middle name and the name of another resident at the same address. I won't print any of it here for obvious reasons!

Offline TONY MALIN

• gold
  • Rugby Warwickshire
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2015, 11:42:03 AM »
Well done Paul. My wife is not amused!

Thanks for your PM Martin. But there was no need to be so discreet. The people you unearthed have the wrong initials and live 15 miles away. As membership secretary Paul had the basic details to start from.

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 12:03:42 PM »
Yes I do already have your address but as a test I just searched on what information was here in the forum and still found it straight away.

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2015, 08:18:41 AM »
In my previous job we had massive resources for finding information often these involved form filling just to get permission. The internet however more often than not reveals all the information required especially if you know the web sites to look on (some government, some not) even the color of someones front door or place of work can easily be researched using Google maps/street view once other information is found. It just takes time.

If you have owned a business, are on the electoral register, have featured in a local newspaper, have an advert advertising something on flee bay  or are simply on the internet all the pieces can be put together eventually. Unnerving perhaps but it is the way the world is now. Look at Samsung's latest smart TV's, they have just reported that the cameras on them can be used to look into your home due to a fault.  :-\  Obviously they are fixing it.  :)  

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2015, 06:41:41 PM »
Yawn Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
The man that never made a mistake never made anything