Author Topic: Pearl  (Read 12307 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: Pearl
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 08:56:21 AM »
Hi Di & Tony,
                  I think the pearl is just right, I imagine that a blueish wash has been applied so tat would give it a tinge. I really like the effect of the inside of the shell, lovely. Like the others still not sure about the base.

Les I didn't realise your squint was put on...........I thought you looked like that all the time!!! :D :D :D

Offline georg

• TONY & DI
  • platinum
    • Anthony George
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »

Thank you Les for the Tip and your positive comments. Both went for some new glasses yesterday, definitely needed.
  Should have got them sooner.

Thank you John BHT Like you and others we are still not sure about the base perhaps more of a plain one, not so busy would
 have been better.

We have not been very active on the forum over the past month......been getting ready for the bank holiday Arty Thingy at the
 Baroque Church. In the past its been mainly Tonys work lightly washed pieces.....oak with pewter and lizards, this time we took
 some of the collaborative pieces as well as highly figured olive olive ash and burr.  The themed work created a lot of interest
 beyond our expectations and to say we came home yesterday on a high would be a understatement......would have cracked
 open a bottle of wine if we had one but had to make do with coffee.

Thanks again guys
    Di and Tony

"If you always do what you always done, you always get what you always got" 

http://www.anthonygeorge.net/

Offline Graham

• platinum
  • Chairman. www.DidcotTurners.club
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 04:28:46 PM »
I don't doubt it. Your work is outstanding.
Regards
Graham
I have learnt the first rule of woodturning.
The internal diameter should never exceed the external width.
Nor the internal depth, the external height.
Does that make me an expert now ?