Author Topic: Missing Cabinet Scraper Post  (Read 2810 times)

Andy Coates

Missing Cabinet Scraper Post
« on: June 09, 2014, 02:54:17 PM »
Hello all,

you will note that the post originated by Mark Hancock has been removed. I can confirm that in this instance it was consciously and purposely removed. By me.

This morning I received a complaint that a part of one of the replies was out of context, erroneous, and damaging, and asking me to edit/remove the reply.

Having looked through the whole thread it would require to communicate with almost all participants in order to remove other similarly questionable content. I have neither the time, the energy, nor the will to undertake to a long winded activity. So the whole post has been deleted.

If you don't like it, tough. I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'm not a baby sitter. If you can't play nice without getting personal then I'll simply hit delete.

Heated debate is fine, healthy, and to be encouraged, but a second or two thinking about what it is you are typing saves me, and the other mods a lot of earache and time.

Please feel to resurrect the whole debate from scratch, but the same rules apply. There aren't many rules as such so following one should be simple enough. If you can learn to turn wood you can learn to type with consideration for the feelings of other users. And if you can learn to turn wood you can also learn to sometimes take things with a pinch of salt and perhaps ignore the oddly phrased response. The typed word has an unfortunate ability to be read and interpreted in a hundred different ways. Take this post...I suspect some of you think I'm annoyed. Well I'm not. I'm disappointed. See? Sometimes you just can't tell, can you?

Andy

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Missing Cabinet Scraper Post
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 05:29:04 PM »
I reckon yo were  headmaster in a previous life Andy..a strict but good one  ;D

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 07:23:53 PM »
Andy,

as chair of the AWGB and moderator of this forum you have to act for the common good of us all.

A shame the useful detail from the thread has been lost but your decision is respected.

Bryan
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 12:29:18 AM »

Now ... George GBF had much the same title ... and his went missing first ...  :o ...  ::) ... is there a link ..

Over to Piggy Malone & Charley Farley ..  ;D ..

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''