Author Topic: Jet JWL-1220  (Read 3349 times)

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Jet JWL-1220
« on: January 30, 2014, 09:22:18 PM »
I'm thinking of investing in a portable lathe for doing demos at local venues. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the Axminster Jet JWL-1220 lathe?

Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline Turners cabin

• bronze
    • Turners Cabin
Re: Jet JWL-1220
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 10:23:51 PM »
i have no experience with the axminster ones but i do with the jet ones (made by powermatic ) and i find all the jet equipment i have had, use or sold to be second to none i can not fault the after sales at all . if you want any more info on the jet lathes feel free to look on my site http://www.turnerscabin.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=3_108 or give me a ring and if i cant help you there and then ill contact jet and get the info you need
Ian

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »
I have a jet mini, can't remember the exact model but I have had it for about 6 years with no problems at all. Only thing about it that I am not too keen on is that the speed change is a bit of a pain so it tends to get left at the one speed for most of the time. There is a variable speed version, not sure if you can get uit in this country though.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 06:34:45 AM »
Thanks Ian & Pete....similar feedback also came via the local club, so I've now gone ahead and bought it this morning.

Cheers....Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Paul Disdle

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 04:35:53 PM »
You won't be disappointed, mine has been a joy to learn the craft on.

Paul