Author Topic: POSTING IMAGES TUTORIAL  (Read 24872 times)

Andy Coates

POSTING IMAGES TUTORIAL
« on: May 05, 2011, 07:58:23 PM »
If you wish to post an image in your post there are two options:

1) attach and upload an image to the AWGB server via the post
2) add a URL for a remotely hosted image

Option 1 means your image(s) will appear as thumbnails at the bottom of the post
Option 2 means you can place images within the body of the text

Option 1 -

Click NEW POST and type a title and the text of the post

Underneath the window where you type the text click where it says ADDITIONAL OPTIONS
Click the BROWSE button and navigate to the image file on your computer (repeat for multiple images - limit is 4) the iamge file shuold be less than 2000kb (2mb)

click on the POST button. Your image(s) will upload and your post will be published.

Option 2 -

Above the main text window in NEW POST click the image icon (second from left in the icon options bar)

You will see "IMG" and "/IMG" in square brackets appear in the text window. Between these bracketed tags type the URL of your exgternally hosted image. You image will appear and load from your host.

So I can do that here and get an image

or I can use option 1 and have it as a thumbnail at the bottom. (NOTE: click the thumbnail to enlarge)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:02:13 PM by Andy Coates »

Roskrow

Re: POSTING IMAGES TUTORIAL
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:59:14 PM »
I have tried more than 7 timesto post photos of my wotk, and each time I get the following message: Bad Request
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Please willyou tell me what is wrong, or how do I correct it to be able to partake.
many thanks

Andy Coates

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:42:27 PM »
Have you checked that the file suffix you are using is permitted?

The procedure is exactly as described above, and whilst I understand your problem, without sitting next to you and watching what you are doing it is impossible for me to ascertain what the problem might be.

I would suggest clearing your Temporary Internet files and cookie folders, log in afresh, and try following the procedure again.

good luck

Andy

Roskrow

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:31:58 PM »
Andy, Thanks for your reply.
To say I am frustrated would be an understatement.
On most occasions that I try and log in I receive the following:-

Error 403

We're sorry, but we could not fulfill your request for /awgbforum/index.php?action=login2 on this server.

You do not have permission to access this server. Data may not be posted from offsite forms.

Your technical support key is: 0260-5c77-cd36-1abb

You can use this key to fix this problem yourself.

If you are unable to fix the problem yourself, please contact the WEBMA5TER and be sure to provide the technical support key shown above.

Behined that is a suggestion that I may be blocked for Bad behaviour or similar wording.. That is a TOTAL mistruth.

What on earth do I do to:-
A. Stop that message, and
B. Enable photos to be posted.

I normally use Mozzila, but I have tried in both Mozill, an Internet Exp. All cache etc has been cleared. I have even turned off my internet security.

HELP PLEASE !!!

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 07:19:16 PM »
I don't know if it's exactly this problem but I had similar. I even had Andy kill my account and restarted but could not get FireFox to work (I don't use IE).

I now access the forum through Chrome and have never had a problem since switching.

I do still use FireFox for everything else though.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

ru55ell1

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 09:44:39 AM »
OK I surrender after 3 weeks of trying to post pics, I must be jinxed :-)

Offline Eric Harvey

• platinum
  • Craters project no.1
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:25:37 PM »
I can get the pics in the post`s ok,had trouble with a profile pic,until I realised it needed to be edited to a smaller size to fit,its now on profile ok,I use picasa and photobucket for editing and stuff as I find them the easiest to use and their free,regards,

Eric.
welcome to my woodturning world

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 02:15:27 PM »
I'd like to point out that images that are attached to a post (Method 1 in Andy's tutorial) are only visible to active forum members who are logged in.
Images that are pointed at (Method 2 in Andy's tutorial) are visible to everybody.

Andy: most likely this is a permissions problem on the server, and related to the permissions on the folder holding the uploaded images.

Offline Dave Wraight

• bronze
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 10:22:40 AM »
Hi

Have tried unsuccessfully to post some images - when I hit preview I just see the wording and when I hit post the screen just goes blank - images are blow the 2mg size.

Offline georg

• TONY & DI
  • platinum
    • Anthony George
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 01:28:47 PM »

We used to use photo bucket but it became too troublesome. We now Re Size photos on the camera to 640x480 (small )
  Then post direct from camera or card. using attachment and browse on the forum. The only problem with this way
  is preview shows nothing other than the script until posted.
  Hope this might be of help.
  Kind Regards Di Tony

"If you always do what you always done, you always get what you always got" 

http://www.anthonygeorge.net/

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 02:12:06 PM »
Just use the attachments link below the text box. Never had a problem with that.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities