Author Topic: Votes needed pretty please  (Read 29833 times)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Votes needed pretty please
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2013, 05:07:23 AM »

Well it took my vote ...# 2203 ...    ;D ...

At this moment it's @ 2214 ...  I wonder if they've forgot to stop it ..  ::) ...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2013, 08:59:35 AM »
Took mine too, 2217

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2013, 10:35:26 AM »
Just had a look and it is at 2223 so must be still taking votes. Oh well. Fingers crossed. Thanks again to all who have supported me. Afte the Christmas rush is over big revamp of the workshop planned to sort it out and make it student friendly whether I win or not .

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2013, 05:04:24 PM »

Well Pete, you're at 2237 ... looks to be still active, for being over .. the whole concern is on the flaky side, if 7 rewards had already been presented, 4 still remained, how did or who got what, if at all .. Reading down QuickBooks has stated the New version/next generation of QuickBooks Online has been released .. to coincide at the same time !!!. I have every faith, it was for real, but could this have been a marketing ploy. Then Bjoern Uehss maybe a one man band like the rest of us.

I still consider you've every chance of a reward.

Since starting to write it's now 2239 ... ::) .

Cheers  David

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 07:45:00 AM »
Apparently I didn't get any of the grants / prizes on the Intuit offer.  No matter, it was really great having the support from everyone and I really appreciate it. Thank you again to everyone who did vote for me so faithfully throughout the competition.

Pete.
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2013, 07:50:45 AM »
FIX!

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2013, 09:01:36 AM »
Cheers Pete.....it makes one wonder what one has to do to be chosen! Perhaps we have all been unwittingly playing the game of getting pfree publicity for them!
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »

Pete. I had wordered as to what appeared to be happening with comments on the Link FB page: and that voting to be very much factitious, (by the way I've just voted # 2378 !!)  :D .. as it was all done by rounds .. As below:

Please join us in congratulating these businesses and take a minute to check out each of their missions!

First round winners:
Best Deal Guide (read their story)

Second round winners:
Rosewood Farms
Epilepsy Sucks
Newton and the Apple

Third round winners:
Jen Made This
Gem Alley
SOHOST

Fourth round winners:
Bump and Me
Free-Fold.com
Incredible Bakery Company

Final round winners – Grand prize £5,000:
The Opus Pocus

Thanks to all participants. Please follow us on Twitter and Facebook to be the first to know about the next campaign.

I very much wonder as to what Best Deal Guide was .. they'd shouted the most .. and your past comment " what had some to do with Art & Crafts.." comes to mind.

Has the winners really been the Promoters ... £11k very small amount for advertising new site.

In the end it was worth the try ... your still at the same point .. square one .. but the New Year and plans a fresh to look forward too.

On the note. you've no doubt looked at Local Rural Funding, Lotto (waste trying to win) and other sources or you'd not have entered this very one. I trust all goes well with your future plans.

Cheers  David

Offline Derwent Woodturning club

• bronze
    • Derwent Woodturning Club
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2013, 01:55:10 PM »
Cheers Pete.....it makes one wonder what one has to do to be chosen! Perhaps we have all been unwittingly playing the game of getting pfree publicity for them!
Les
Hi Everyone,
Only just noticed this post and Pete's attempt to win the Intuit award. Unfortunately there are two things about this that could explain Pete not winning.

First Intuit only consider votes from 'customers', not friends. They offered something similar to this award some years ago and I asked about this. I was told 'social media/forum' voting was discounted.

Second, Les is spot on, it is a means of collecting names/ emails for their sales promotions, as you would expect.  :(
Regards,
Derwent Woodturning Club

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2013, 05:55:58 PM »
What a Con a warning for the Future "What seems to good to be true usually is"

Regards John
John Smith