Author Topic: Shiraz  (Read 4245 times)

Anthony

Shiraz
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:28:26 AM »
Hi guys, this is Shiraz (after my favourite tipple). Made from Red Malle Burr & Ebony. The goblet if a little proud of 1mm thick and is 8.5 inches on height. Finnish is acrylic lacquer. You C&C welcome as per usual.

petjeffery

Re: Shiraz
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:02:40 AM »
wow that is great how did you turn the stem  i find they alway break when i  do them  do you support it some how  thats really great turning i lobe the colours in it 

Andy Coates

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »
Very elegant, Anthony. If I do one I'll have to call it "whatever's on a three for £12 at Tesco" after my favourite tipple :)

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:48:26 PM »
Hi Anthony, What a lovely piece of work,I like everything about it.Well Done.Regards John
John Smith

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 08:46:03 PM »

Anthony, one very beautiful piece, excellently done, like Andy, if I were to make the same, it may not be right called Hobgoblin or Speckled Hen..    ??? ...    ;D ...

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Anthony

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 09:58:32 PM »
Hi guys, many thanks for the comments. Petjeffery, the stem is turned very carefully, with a 1/4" round scew (Gary Rance). The only time they break is when demonstrating which is not very often. The only other problem is when you've had too much Shiraz!
Regards Tony

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 09:20:26 AM »
Hi Tony

I like this very much - and I like the idea of having a different stem to the bowl.

I shall be having a go - something else for my list!

Cheers Dave

petjeffery

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
thank you for letting me know i may even give it a try my self  one day soon

Hi guys, many thanks for the comments. Petjeffery, the stem is turned very carefully, with a 1/4" round scew (Gary Rance). The only time they break is when demonstrating which is not very often. The only other problem is when you've had too much Shiraz!
Regards Tony