Author Topic: Trailer  (Read 3263 times)

toolie

Trailer
« on: May 02, 2011, 07:28:31 PM »
Here is the trailer, it's dry fitted together as there was a little problem with the plans, numbers and quantity required of the side and end rails. a problem I created for myself was not building this, full size. so the side rails are only 4mm thick. I haven't got anything that thin to remake the side rails yet but there are some other alterations I'm thinking of trying as it doesn't look right when hitched to the tractor.
swmbo has banned the trailer from the house until I "fix it"   
Dave

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:07:51 PM »

Well Dave,  If you'd not said as too problems, we'd never guess, as it looks ok, will look forward to the fix it.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Andy Coates

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
It looks better than some of the old tractor trailers we see around Suffolk!

toolie

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:24:08 AM »
Hi
I had a bash at the farmer, and managed to sneak the tractor in the shed to be reunited with the trailer...
you can see that they don't look right together yet they are from the same set of plans! and to the same scale.
the original plans were in a german woodturning mag, maybe the problem was made in translation ;D  or maybe someone could shed light on where I went wrong...

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »
Hi dave

I think the tractor and trailer look right - the farmer looks like a big lad though - must be all that German sausage

I shall have to get busy - this is another project on my (long!) list

Cheers Dave