Author Topic: Forum niggles 2...  (Read 8692 times)

Andy Coates

Forum niggles 2...
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:05:02 PM »
Okay, so I'm checking the error logs on the server to see if I can figure out the error 500 message when uploading images...

a few other issues came to light...

1) GUEST IP address: 150.70.172.106    - where are you trying to get into that you're not allowed to go? STOP IT! You can't come in.

2) How many of you forget your password? Honestly...how many? I won't name names because I wouldn't like to embarrass ken, john and dave....Opps...

and 3)...no I daren't....

Colin

Re: Forum niggles 2...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 07:14:04 AM »
Also getting 500 Errors on the other Forum niggles thread, still got the Cookie problem.

Andy Coates

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
still working on it, Colin, but just spent all day fitting a new wheel bearing and pads to the van so won't be doing too much this evening other than drinking wine and rubbing a very stiff shoulder. Sorry!

Andy Coates

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 08:34:54 PM »
I think the 500 error is fixed now. Try refreshing browser before you try to upload after this message.

still working on cookie problem.

Andy

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:56:53 PM »
I still get the 500 error when i try to access the "Niggles with New Forum - please report here" post
John Simon Lawrenson

Colin

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 07:10:51 AM »
I still get the 500 error when i try to access the "Niggles with New Forum - please report here" post

Me too still getting the 500 error.

Hope the shoulder isn't too stiff and a hot bath and a glass of what you fancy put it right  ;)

greg miller

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 10:48:57 PM »
Me too! Error 500, that is.

My first post on this, and pretty well any other forum.

Hello, and best wishes,
Greg.

Andy Coates

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 11:16:24 PM »
Are you all reporting the error 500 in relation to the original "Niggles with New Forum - please report here " post?

The problem seems to be related to a DB error.

As the rest of the forum seems unaffected I think I'll simply delete the post.

So if you read this and then look you won't find anything...

now that was a pointless post!

Andy Coates

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 11:19:11 PM »
That was remiss...

Hello Greg, welcome to the forum, and welcome to fora in general.

If you have questions please ask them and I'm sure somebody will respond with an answer.

Andy

greg miller

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 11:38:35 PM »
Thank you, Andy.

I just noticed Error 500 on an otherwise empty page and in my innocence decided to add my experience to the pot!

By way of introduction, I'm a member of 'West Midlands Woodturners', don't do nearly enough turning, but do have a couple of pieces circulating in the current AWGB travelling exhibitions. I've been "at it" for about 15 years.

regards,
Greg.

Andy Coates

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
I've just updated the forum software with a patch which addresses a number of bugs recently discovered in the software.

As usual the particular issues are not detailed, but I hope that some of those experienced by us are addressed in the update.

The original forum niggles post is still inaccessible, but I am not overly concerned by this. Everything is covered in the new niggles2 post anyway.

A couple of our non-uk based users have experienced logging in problems. I believe this is related to an issue with cookies, which I also hope is addressed in the patch i've just installed in the software.

If you have other issues please post here and I will try and sort them out asap.

Andy

Andy Coates

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2011, 10:47:29 PM »
this update only applies to those two users experiencing login and staying logged in problems.

The issue is caused by a very technical problem which I can work on, but it may take a while as I need to aquaint myself with a whole new area of mysql.

In the meantime...

if you get logged out and returned to Guest status, please try hitting the HOME button and see if this logs you back in.

If not, please either email with a detailed account of what did happen, or if you can, post details here.

For once it seems the forum software is in advance of the host's server software, and this is where the problem lies.

I am working on it.

Colin

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 07:31:36 AM »
Andy

I did get logged out but as you suggested clicking the home button did log me in again automatically.

Andy Coates

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 07:42:39 AM »
Thanks, Colin; that helps to pinpoint the problem's solution. I know where to look now and will get to it over the next few days. Many thanks.