Author Topic: Marks Sanger's book - Turning Hollow Forms  (Read 14341 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: Marks Sanger's book - Turning Hollow Forms
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 10:12:58 AM »
Just about to pop into town, the first time in ages, so will go in the book shop and order Mark's book.
  Waterstones so should be very efficient.
I will let you know how I get on.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
Just about to pop into town, the first time in ages, so will go in the book shop and order Mark's book.
  Waterstones so should be very efficient.
I will let you know how I get on.

Well... What happened..

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

• platinum
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2014, 08:05:08 AM »
(In a Jethro accent)...Well what happened was......(stop the Jethro accent) ;D ;D ;D
I gave the nice lady in the shop all the information, ISBN  etc. bear in mind I have ordered books for turning from them before, so she told me they can order it from their suppliers.......................in America!!
   Telling her I knew the author and he lived probably less than 60 miles from where we were stood at the time did not phase her at all, she just said "that is the way we work these days".
       As it happens arrangements are being made for me to gain a copy through other channels for which I am very grateful but the fact remains, you try to support your local bookshop and this is what happens!
(In a Jethro accent) Just as well the author don't live in Camborne seeing as how it were a Wednesday!(No more Jethro accents I promise)

Offline Derek

• platinum
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »
(In a Jethro accent)...Well what happened was......(stop the Jethro accent) ;D ;D ;D
I gave the nice lady in the shop all the information, ISBN  etc. bear in mind I have ordered books for turning from them before, so she told me they can order it from their suppliers.......................in America!!
   Telling her I knew the author and he lived probably less than 60 miles from where we were stood at the time did not phase her at all, she just said "that is the way we work these days".
       As it happens arrangements are being made for me to gain a copy through other channels for which I am very grateful but the fact remains, you try to support your local bookshop and this is what happens!
(In a Jethro accent) Just as well the author don't live in Camborne seeing as how it were a Wednesday!(No more Jethro accents I promise)

Make sure they order the correct one http://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=Turning+Hollow+Forms%3A+Techniques+and+Projects&search=Find+book

• platinum
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
Mark's book turned up today so I took it over the shop for a read. I have found it very well written and the pictures are very good too. I like the chapter about design and form and I think the silhouettes that you can copy are an inspired idea.
 I have told Mark that it ought to come with a health warning 'cos I just want to go back down the workshop and turn some more.
Regards
John BHT

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 08:56:37 PM »
Hi I have just looked on Amazon Marks book (used) Now from £46:00. Regards John

The above was clicking on the link in the original posting I have just gone direct to Amazon and it is £5 sorry about confusion 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:05:02 PM by John D Smith »
John Smith

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 09:04:14 PM »

:o ..  ::) ... Everyone knows Ya' take the Bus to Red-rooth and walk the rest of the way'...   :D .. on a Wednesday ..

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 01:21:16 PM »
Hi everyone,

I have today received Mark Sangers new book a quick perusal it is great I cannot wait to sit down nice and quiet and indulge myself.

Mark the only problem it out of date as you have had a revamp in your workshop LOL nice and tidy as well.

Regards John

John Smith