Author Topic: is your workshop ever big enough?  (Read 8067 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
Re: is your workshop ever big enough?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 04:34:46 PM »
You are right Pete, living next door to a furniture factory eh? I might just have to pay you a visit ;)
See you Thursday
Regards
John

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »
Hi all,
       I thought this might elicit a few replies. In my own case I have extended my workshop twice now.
Hartwood, I know what you mean about a place for everything but eventually there are no places left. I often wonder why it is that we are told you only need 5 chisels to do woodturning and I have over 100?(!)
 Storing wood is my problem or to be more accurate the inability to turn down a nice piece of wood is my problem. I like your solution Ron (but I have to tell you Dr.Who is not real) Tony I'm surprised you don't know how much booze you have, have you ever had teenagers? ;D And Doug, the dining room, or as I like to call it the assembly area(re: the font).
So I will blitz the shed, throw out the rubbish and put tools away where they should be and I will then spend the next few weeks searching for tools that are normally on the bench >:(
I just can't win!!
Regards
JohnBHT

:o ....   :'( ...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
(but I have to tell you Dr.Who is not real)
Regards
JohnBHT

WHAT! - Awww, you've just destroyed my childhood!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline TONY MALIN

• gold
  • Rugby Warwickshire
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 10:12:50 PM »
For what it's worth my teenagers have have offspring well past the teenage era. They don't drink bitter or Guinness. It's usually one or other of the expensive lagers with names I've never heard of.

No cricket today. Did some gardening. Then a stint in the actual workshop. Now it's in a worse mess than ever. If I throw things away I'm bound to want them shortly.

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2013, 10:19:01 PM »
Tony I think it is a fact of life............if you haven't used or wanted it for the last 2 years and then throw it out guarantee it is exactly what you do need about 2 weeks later!
John

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 10:48:52 PM »
No, No, No...

It's not when you want it, it's when SWMBO wants something and you have just the right bit of junk stored away that fit's the bill!
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 10:05:10 PM »
I think my workshop would be big enough if I stopped hoarding all that wood! Maybe it's time for a clear out - anyone want to buy some wood?  ;)

petercharlesfagg

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 09:00:33 AM »
No!

After a move of house, I had my workshop built to my spec with an extra section that was for storage/showroom etc.

I am still feeling cramped, so I am thinking along the lines of a disused aircraft hangar in the next village for my wife, and I will use the house!

Regards, Peter.