Author Topic: George cross pen  (Read 4067 times)

woody

George cross pen
« on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:23 AM »
I made a load of these a few years ago to raise money for help the heroes and was ask last week if I could make another one for a veteran from the Falklands war so here it is at last made with white corian bottom piece 1" x 1/2" top were the cross is 3 pieces 1/2" x 1/2" and two pieces red plastic sheet

Mike Gibson

Re: George cross pen
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:50:57 PM »
l like it a lot, very nice indeed. Well done.  Michael

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »

Woody, it's brilliant as always, well layed out and a stunning gift.  Well done.

David

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 05:25:38 PM »
Hi Woody, I love this pen. If you feel like making another one i'd be glad to buy it from you. A friend of mine is soon to run Scarborough to Morecambe, 123 miles in 5 days in aid of Help for Heroes as he is in the TA himself. I am driving the support vehicle for him. It would make a nice finishing line gift :)
John Simon Lawrenson

woody

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »
Hi Woody, I love this pen. If you feel like making another one i'd be glad to buy it from you. A friend of mine is soon to run Scarborough to Morecambe, 123 miles in 5 days in aid of Help for Heroes as he is in the TA himself. I am driving the support vehicle for him. It would make a nice finishing line gift :)
Hi I have run out of materials at the moment how long do I have to get every thing and make it

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 05:44:24 PM »
Oh a while, he is doing the run late September. Here a little background http://www.davidmorris.org.uk/news/david-wishes-soldier-scott-good-luck
John Simon Lawrenson

woody

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:56:22 PM »
I have contacted the guy I used to get my corian from I'm just waiting now for him to contact me with a price

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:57:54 PM »
thanks Woody, let me know  :)
John Simon Lawrenson

woody

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »
Everything is lined up white corian on the way so is the red plastic and a free pen kit and I will make it up for free as I do support H F Heroes

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 01:19:57 AM »
That is very very good of you Woody, I'll make sure he knows where the pen comes from, thankyou
John Simon Lawrenson

woody

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 10:21:04 AM »
Hi PM me your address the pen will be ready some time next week and tell your friend he well deserves it
Regards Woody

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 09:46:48 PM »

Hi Woody, Great a very nice gesture Regards John
John Smith

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 09:55:43 PM »
Woody,
           this exemplifies what woodturning is all about. The chance to do some turning and help someone at the same time and all for the correct motives.
Well done.
Regards
John BHT