Author Topic: Turn it BIG  (Read 5371 times)

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Turn it BIG
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:33:05 PM »

Had posted the Woodworking Channel before, but having found this of interest;    http://www.woodworkingchannel.com/dolphin/vidego_video_library.php .... it's not going direct to the video, so, Go to miscellaneous, scroll down to fifth video, Nick Cook and click to play, like the crowd WELL behind him...   stand well back, otherwise sit back and enjoy.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

myatt1972

Re: Turn it BIG
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:42 PM »
WOW !
I like how the sanding is somebody elses job.

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:30:50 PM »

Hi Keith, Don't try this at home or work, well maybe having someone do the sanding, I've since had to watch and not listen to it, so yet to hear the story...   :D ...   Plain in the end turning, not alot of detail, but BIG, wonder what the table ended up like..   ??? ........

Not seen much from you, about as much from me.. how's it going..  overworked and under turning...  as myself, if not before, see you next Mid-staffs...   I most make that coloured thing too...    ??? ...

David

Offline Katchin

• bronze
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 11:51:36 PM »
wow, you'd know about it if that one flew off the lathe and hit you  ;D
John Simon Lawrenson

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 01:22:31 AM »

Hi John, Yes and as they'd already broken a faceplate, it makes you wonder, it may be a case in viewing to look at the risks or hear from the safety officer as to the risks, this has been planned and thought out, two lathes, end to end, timber and sash clamps to hold them together, use faceplace each end, as the drives had sunk in...  so, could it have dropped off...  the end, it turned out to their liking.

Turn safely all.               David

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 11:59:35 PM »

Should you be borded of this one by now, as the link opens to the same page, just add this note to here.. if you scroll the header (if not done so already) click the AAW... view top Turners as if there, each covering details of their own work...   If you have questions on the bandsaw Gary Rogowski in Fine Woodworking has some tips and more under Intarsia, how to fold that blade...  even...   ;D ...   That's just a few of the many interesting videos..

Happy viewing.           David

Offline John D Smith

• platinum
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 08:04:20 PM »
David thanks for posting this with the links very interesting.Regards John
John Smith