Author Topic: Axminster AWHBS350N Bandsaw  (Read 7344 times)

Offline Katchin

• bronze
Axminster AWHBS350N Bandsaw
« on: April 09, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »
Well, I got my new bandsaw today from Axminster, the http://www.axminster.co.uk/axminster-axminster-awhbs350n-bandsaw-prod804525/
What a difference to the Fox 128-F28 !!

You truely do get what you pay for, this Axminster saw was cutting 6" green birch with zero trouble, not even slow down. And this is with the blade that it came with, my Tuffsaws blades do not arrive until tuesday.

The setup was a bit fiddly, but not overly so. You get two boxes on delivery, one containing the base, one the saw and all the screws and so forth. The base fits together flatpack style, with very bad instructions, but its very easy to work out what goes where. People on the Axminster site were complaining about the base and the fact that the door does not close properly, this is not true, you just have to take time and align everything before you fully tighten, then all is good, very sturdy.

I was originally going to get the next size up, but am glad that I didn't, this saw will definitely do all I wish from it.

Very happy, Axminster gets the thumbs up  ;D
John Simon Lawrenson

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Axminster AWHBS350N Bandsaw
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 01:57:30 AM »

John, Nice to see you've had an excellent result with the Axminster and continue with years of trouble free cutting, with the Tuffsaws blade it will be like a hot knife through butter..   ;D ......   Thank you for update and enjo the new toy.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »
Hi Katchin,
              didn't think you would have anything but good service from Axminster, glad you got it all sorted out. Just make sure that you have the same number of fingers when you finish as you did when you started! ;)
Regards
John

Offline Dave Atkinson

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Macclesfield
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 05:17:30 PM »
Glad to hear it's all sorted out John

Cheers Dave