Author Topic: Isca Wood Show  (Read 3417 times)

EnErY

Isca Wood Show
« on: May 18, 2013, 08:15:17 PM »
Firstly id like to say I did state I would never post here again but after such a successful day with 2 decent guys from this forum I enjoyed my day at Isca woods and would like to thank Personally Paul Hannaby And Mike For a wonderful day. filled with conversation of a great magnitude of information and a wealth of knowledge passed onto myself ,we had lunch together and I must say nothing was too much trouble for him to answer me sensibly, without bias ignorance or even any form bigotry that I received from certain people in the past .
Paul was at my level when I asked questions I gained more knowledge by talking to him today than I have from anybody else being treated as a equal is so much easier to take in .Andy a public apology to you for any problems I have caused here in the past
I Have Now got Contact with Crow valley Club its A fair distance for me to travel and I shall be attending their meetings .
I made so many contacts  and it was well worth the visit those that didn't go missed a decent day out ,the host at the show did it proud and the meal at the pub we had was of value for money
Again Thank You Paul Hannaby For Your wealth of Information and making me feel welcome and realise my subscription was duly spent on a worthy cause
Kind regards
Bill

thebowlerhattedturner

Re: Isca Wood Show
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
Welcome back Bill,
                      Paul is a great ambassador for the AWGB and woodturning as a whole, I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with him and during the show. Crow Valley turners have a good reputation and they are a great bunch(I demoed there a while back)so I am sure you will get all of the help and advice you want/need from them.
Regards
John BHT

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »

Soo good to hear from you, Bill and that you have made such wonderful contacts allround today, we can all fail to recall at one point We too had been where you are at this moment, for some of Us the communication was just as lacking then, as it still can be today, even with the Internet which is not the best of tools at communications on a personal basis.

Look forward to seeing you posting your work.

Cheers   David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »
Hi Bill, and welcome back. I'm so pleased that you got as much as you did out of the show. I was a little disappointed by the lack of trade stands, but it sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered for you.
Look forward to hearing from you in the gallery.
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline julcle

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 11:30:18 AM »
Hi Bill  --  I am glad that you enjoyed the day. From my view point it was good to see and talk to Paul, he is very knowledgeable and as you say will talk to you at your level. It was good to see George again all be it briefly and to meet Les for the first time again briefly. It is I suppose difficult for a small firm to put on a show like this and advertise it nationally because it is a small local event and as Les has said it's a long way to come for a small show. However it seems to be building and is a lot bigger this year to last with more demos going on. I seem to remember last year it mainly people selling stuff. Although a member of Crow Valley I didn't have much to do with it just turning up and helping out we were just one of the guests but there did seem to be a lot of interest in the show from the public so it was a success. The more experienced members of the club were demonstrating the turning with small objects and our trainers were offering a have a go session which was very well attended.
If you haven't already visited Bill keep an eye out on our website Crow Valley Woodturners for the program of events and meeting dates. We will be closed for half term on the 30th but you will be made welcome. Best Regards  - Julian
Crowvalley Woodturners
Julian

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:37:14 AM »
Bill,

good to see you back in the forum and glad to here you've found an active club you can settle into. Have a go at the monthly club challenges, they are always a good way to stretch yourrelf.

Looking foreward to your future posts.

Bryan
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Paul Hannaby

• platinum
    • Creative Woodturning
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 09:58:45 AM »
Thanks for the kind words Bill, it was nice to meet you. I have always found almost without exception, other woodturners to be willing to answer questions and pass on information so I try to do the same.

EnErY

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2013, 11:00:39 PM »
Thank You All for your Replies and interest
Regards
Bill