Author Topic: Pay Pal Chip & Pin  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
Pay Pal Chip & Pin
« on: February 22, 2013, 06:04:06 PM »
We had a discussion some time ago about being able to take payments at shows and other events.

Well today Pay Pal are announcing that they are going to release a Chip & Pin device to allow people to make payments via them.

Link to the BBC New website for more details here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21536535
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
Re: Pay Pal Chip & Pin
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »
An acceptable, cheap means of taking cards would be a real boon at markets and so on. Selling more costly items is difficult if all you take is cash. I personally don't fancy the ones you plug into your phone, not really sure the general public would trust them, not sure I would either.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: Pay Pal Chip & Pin
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:57:35 PM »
Interesting just how far Pay Pal goes to get your money .. owned by E-boot (bay) .. once upon a time E-b let you take any payment, cash, checks, (sorry cheques) western union etc. then the control as they took over PP and that as the only payment, even cc/debit cards are through them, nice yes, but then it's the changes, fair at 3% £3 in every £100. but given time and your buying/selling charges through them rockets or makes a quiet hole in your Profit.

Still a good thing, but how limited are you to your buy & sell.

Cheers

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''