Author Topic: WOODFAST C1000 user's manual  (Read 7388 times)

jiff

WOODFAST C1000 user's manual
« on: February 20, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »
 :)  Does anyone have a Woodfast C1000 user's manual with variable speed.  My lathe is about 12 years old and made in Australia and is dark green and I cant find a manual anywhere.

CAN ANYONE HELP, ID BE VERY GRATEFUL.
JIFF

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: WOODFAST C1000 user's manual
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 07:36:10 PM »
Jiff,  I was looking to send you to here: http://www.lathes.co.uk/ ..  but a look through and I 'd not noticed Woodfast.

However Record Power took over Woodfast, http://www.recordpower.co.uk/category/woodturning  .... are any of the models similar to the c1000.

Hope this is of help

Cheers     David

« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:39:42 PM by woodndesign »
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

jiff

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:30:15 PM »
Dear David

Thank you for this.  The Record Power Maxi 1 is the latest version of the old style Woodfast Lathe, slight differences to the motor housing and speed controllers.  Have downloaded a version to review tomorrow but still would like to find an original copy of the Woodfast C1000 lathe manual.   :)
Jiff

Offline john taylor

• bronze
    • John Taylor Woodturner
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
Have you tried contacting Woodfast direct http://www.woodfast.com.au

john

jiff

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2013, 10:43:15 PM »
John.
I have contacted woodfast in australia but with no luck.
Thanks
jiff

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 07:50:31 AM »
I don't know how useful this answer will be but not knowing the Woodfast I Googled a picture of it and one answer showed it's made my Qingdao in China.

Now that makes me think it's one of the multitude of lathes like my Axminster 1200D but which are sold under various brand names worldwide. It's also highly likely that at sometime Axminster sold their variant. They have the AWVSL1000 Woodturning Lathe version at the moment but probably not identical to what you are looking for.

So just as a suggestion, have you asked them if they ever have sold their version and if so do they still have a manual for one?
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

jiff

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »
Hi.  Thanks very much.  I contacted Axminster with no luck, now in the process of contacting Gumtree Australia to see if I can find a copy of the manual.
Jiff

Offline Bryan Milham

• Administrator
  • platinum
  • I’ve had my patience tested; I’m negative
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 07:45:20 AM »
I've asked around and Woodfast are sold in America under the RIKON brand, I've been pointed to their website here http://www.rikontools.com/products_lathes.htm.

See if your lathe is amongst them, if so Manuals are available as downloads but of course remember that they will have a different motor, running at 110V.
Oh Lord, Lead me not into temptation…

...Oh who am I kidding, follow me, I know a shortcut!

Offline Woodcrafts

• bronze
  • Passing on skills to the next generation
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 09:03:59 PM »
I just did a Google for Woodfast C1000 and got the following link www.rikontools.com/manuals/70450.pdf. Had a quick look and it appears to be the same as the Woodfast but not sure if it's exactly alike. Hope that helps,
Regards,
Paul Bellamy - Woodcrafts