Author Topic: Does anyone live near a tube station?  (Read 2913 times)

thebowlerhattedturner

Does anyone live near a tube station?
« on: January 28, 2013, 08:35:06 AM »
Hi all.
        there is a tenuous link to woodturning in this thread so I think it should be OK to post it here.
Once a year RPT's are invited to attend a meeting hosted by The Worshipful Company of Turners In London. Last year my train fare was £11 each way, this year it is £30 each way,there are 3 of us going up from here so that is £180 between us, so we have decided it would be cheaper to drive. Parking the car will be the problem hence this post. Does anyone on this forum live near to a tube station and have somewhere for me to park the car for a day? I don't mind paying a few quid or I could chuck a load of wood in the back for you.
 I have seen the website" park on my drive" but I'm not sure if that is a good idea.(someone could be renting out the neighbour's drive).
If you can help please let me know.
Regards
John BHT

Offline vyvsdad

• copper
Re: Does anyone live near a tube station?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:15:15 AM »
I might be able to help.
We live on Goswell Road just near the Barbican, so if memory serves not too far from the worshipful company.
However, depending on the time of day you'll have to pay the.congestion charge.
I'll check with the wife, but it should be ok, and it'll be secure off road parking too.

Hope this helps

Dan.

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:55 PM »
Thanks Dan ,
                  much obliged. PM me or use swrep@awgb email to keep details private.
Many thanks
Regards
John

Andy Coates

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 05:27:58 PM »
Failing that, John, you could do what I do. Drive in to Woodgreen, park in the shopping mall and get the tube the rest of the way. £3 to park and £7 odd for the tube.

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 10:26:09 PM »
Thanks for that Andy,I have been looking at several solutions and vyvsdad has sent me a PM so we will see if details can be worked out.
    Regards
John

thebowlerhattedturner

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:55:21 PM »
This is for vyvsdad,
                         I got your PM and have replied. Please let me know if you don't get it as I may be doing it wrong.
Regards
John