Author Topic: SPACE  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Martin Lawrence

• Global Moderator
  • gold
  • Kidderminster Worcestershire
SPACE
« on: March 09, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
  Made these two today with the subject title of Space being set for club members to make something.

The wall plaque is oak 13" x 9" and represent two shuttle landing cones with orbiting rings off centre turnes and arborteched, textured with mini elf and spirit stained, the nose cone add ins give a bit more depth to it and a bit of gilting cream also. The UFO box made from spalted Hornbeam 5" at widest and 3" high was very punky and only held together with splits appearing along the spalt lines held to gether with super glue so disguise the glue lines have stained it first blue, cut back then red cut back then green cut back and finally yellow supposed to give the effect of a burning planet.

Cheers Martin.
Martin Lawrence

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: SPACE
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »

Martin,  You've come up with 2 excelllent pieces here, I like the wall plaque details, as for the UFO very cool, both work well, so close encounters, have we (you) made contact..    ;D..  may the force be with you...     8) ....           David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

thebowlerhattedturner

Re: SPACE
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 06:31:56 PM »
Hi Martin,
             I really like the wall hanging,the shape,textures and colours really work for me but I'm not too keen on the box. This is nothing to do with your turning of it it's just that boxes of this type never do anything for me.
You are certainly making up for lost time with all this production!
Regards
John